FKA Kiteboarding Forums

FKA Kiteboarding Forums (http://www.fksa.org/index.php)
-   What's going on? (http://www.fksa.org/forumdisplay.php?f=47)
-   -   New to sport and need kite help (http://www.fksa.org/showthread.php?t=1900)

BigR 08-09-2006 10:46 AM

SScott, I thought you were just an all-around pimp nowadays! LOL! :lol:

Skyway Scott 08-09-2006 11:13 AM

Yeah,

But, now I literally get paid for it, unlike before :shock:
Seriously tho, we do have enough brands that I don't have to "push" anyone into anything. Hell, I even sell Cabrinhas :?

BigR 08-09-2006 11:29 AM

Can't beat getting paid to do what you love. :D

SScott, have you tried the XBow II yet? it's a helluva nice kite

inferno 08-09-2006 11:47 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BigR

And I have a brand new one I bought less than a month ago on ebay right now for ( $549 ) that is $50 less than the same size waroo

The waroo bar is $229 and I bet you can find a cebrinha bar to go with this kite for $75 less so you save over 100 smackers

not to prove you wrong BigR but i just purchased a 9m waroo, used one time, for 400 bucks (includes small and large pump,repair kit and upgraded pullies), and its easy to convert any bar to work on the waroo for another $125 (used bar and converting it), thats only $525 bucks for a waroo complete that is basically brand new :)
you just have to keep your eyes open and be patient

BigR 08-09-2006 12:00 PM

Yeah but you bought it on ebay or one of those auctions from a real person not from a retail store right Danny?

Moot point, my 9m sold already anyways........

inferno 08-09-2006 12:07 PM

bought it from i guy on the best forum, not ebay, it never would of went for that low on ebay, i just happened to be checking the forum right after he posted it and got first dibs on it :)

BigR 08-09-2006 12:31 PM

$200 off retail and it looks like you got real lucky, congrats

bryanleighty 08-09-2006 12:32 PM

def. a great pick up Danny..

i suspect that by the time the season is in full bloom here that there will be a number of slightly used high performance bows around (waroos and whatnots) for some great prices..

patience is the key...

I'm looking for 14 and a 16 waroo myself.

inferno 08-09-2006 12:38 PM

act quick cause the guy i got the 9 from also has a 16, i think he wanted 700 for, only used once

John C 08-09-2006 03:28 PM

Ok so I think i will try to get 3 kites. 9m,12m and a 16 I'm still not sure what brand but I am looking at the Xbow2, switchblade and Waroo. I see waroo is coming out with a kite called the waroo pro does anyone have any info on this?

Also I can only buy two kites to start. what sizes should I get first?

Do I need a bar for each kite?