FKA Kiteboarding Forums

FKA Kiteboarding Forums (http://www.fksa.org/index.php)
-   Let's Ride! (http://www.fksa.org/forumdisplay.php?f=46)
-   -   Tonight? (http://www.fksa.org/showthread.php?t=4641)

toby wilson 09-19-2007 09:47 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by inferno (Post 23340)
toby if you had my light up fins, you could have played tag with the sharks:confused:

LOL!!! I do have to say that I am interested in seeing them but don't want them on my board!!! Sounds like a cool idea, just not for me... LOL!!!

Skyway Scott 09-19-2007 10:38 AM

Hey,

It's GOT to be better than Bob's approach of dangling a glo-stick right where his dangly is!! :o

bayflite 09-19-2007 10:49 AM

my 2cents
keep that stuff up on the kites
imo it can worsen your night vision.
peace

popeye 09-19-2007 11:39 AM

I keep it on my harness bar... so people can see me (so we don't collide on the water) and so they can find me when I end up hurt somewhere in the dark. Also so I can see the quick release, and the hook when I am trying to hook or unhook. Also, so when they come in to land, they know I am another rider willing to catch their kite, not just some guy walking the beach at night.

I don't think lights on kites help much... they aren't bright enough, and they are usually hidden by the canopy anyway.

inferno 09-19-2007 11:51 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by popeye (Post 23359)
I keep it on my harness bar... so people can see me (so we don't collide on the water) and so they can find me when I end up hurt somewhere in the dark. Also so I can see the quick release, and the hook when I am trying to hook or unhook. Also, so when they come in to land, they know I am another rider willing to catch their kite, not just some guy walking the beach at night.

I don't think lights on kites help much... they aren't bright enough, and they are usually hidden by the canopy anyway.

thanx for the idea....
i high intensity LED light connected to the fifth line about 10-15ft from the kite, this should be enough to light up the kite.... man this could be fun....

Woodson 09-19-2007 12:17 PM

Toby, I'm off work and ready to ride... Going to run some errands and loook at the forecast... Flags in Lakeland were blowing east, down in South Tampa, NNW...?!?!??

so, I'm seriously in need of advice on where to ride come 5 pm...

Skyway Scott 09-19-2007 12:43 PM

Today is a real hard one to predict.
I think it will slowly shift NNE by 6 or 7 though, fill in, and then go more NE by 9pm (straight off of accuweather's forecast) :)

bryanleighty 09-19-2007 12:48 PM

south skyway maybe?

Skyway Scott 09-19-2007 12:48 PM

Not if you fear sharks.

Woodson 09-19-2007 12:54 PM

Cypress?