FKA Kiteboarding Forums

FKA Kiteboarding Forums (http://www.fksa.org/index.php)
-   Let's Ride! (http://www.fksa.org/forumdisplay.php?f=46)
-   -   Monday, 10.23.06 (http://www.fksa.org/showthread.php?t=2361)

bryanleighty 10-24-2006 07:09 AM

both Danny and I should have out on our 9's..

E-Bone 10-24-2006 07:25 AM

Yeah, once you fly the 9m Waroo I am surprised if you even want to take the 12m out of the bag.

I was on a 9m Ion and a 118 cm board yesterday, and I had plenty.

bryanleighty 10-24-2006 07:31 AM

definitely a grey area when you are on a hybrid kite like a waroo or ion. never would have thought of rigging a 12m C instead of a 9m C..

i was overpowered most of the day but never to any point where i didnt feel in complete control .. i was depowered about 1/3 of the way..

towards the later part of the day i was thinking of putting up the 9 but the sun was going down and time was running out..

bryanleighty 10-24-2006 07:46 AM

and on that same topic.. i love my 12 waroo.. my 9 is great.. and when the wind is there for a 9 its truly going off and fun times are to be had..

but i have been riding my 12 pretty much exclusively since the day i got it and i've got it dialed exactly how it like it and rarely have to even look at the kite ..

i just dont have the hours on my 9 .. but i am sure i will as the season goes on!

yee haw!

inferno 10-24-2006 08:45 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unimog Bob
Jeez Danny if you are riding your 14M in 25kts solid when are you going to pump up your 9M roo? That was supposed top be the magic size for the 06 waroos.

today at the south sw with raul,...
and lets just say that yesterday i was comfortable on the 14m but wouldnt have gone out in more,
and for today, i was litt out of my mind on the 9m!!!!
i was reading up to 39mph on my meter, i think thats the limit on my 9m...and i didnt think id ever get a chance to find the max of that kite :D

this was the first time ive ever been kiting and been scared to send the kite, literaly scared
big thanx to raul for going out there with me
thats the most wind ive ever ridden in

BigR 10-24-2006 12:33 PM

Quote:

this was the first time ive ever been kiting and been scared to send the kite, literaly scared
big thanx to raul for going out there with me
thats the most wind ive ever ridden in

:shock: :shock: :shock:

I think a fews more kts and the 9M Xbow II mighta' topped out as well :o

tomstock 10-24-2006 02:50 PM

Think there's anything left for after work? Will it pick up a little at 5:30? I missed it.

inferno 10-24-2006 02:54 PM

ill be out for wed DP, probably wont be enought to ride but i need to clean off the kites after these past two days, but are covered in mud/sand, plus i need to fix my bar that broke on me

Optionryder420 10-24-2006 09:38 PM

I'll be at Ft. Desoto tomorrow from 2-5 probably.

Marine Bio Field trip... I'm bringing kites just incase.