FKA Kiteboarding Forums

FKA Kiteboarding Forums (http://www.fksa.org/index.php)
-   What's going on? (http://www.fksa.org/forumdisplay.php?f=47)
-   -   h2o audio (http://www.fksa.org/showthread.php?t=5408)

jim 12-31-2007 07:49 AM

h2o audio

I got an h2o setup for xmas. Sound quality is really bad and seems to sound better under water than above water. Anyone else experience similar problems or am I doing something wrong?

inferno 12-31-2007 07:56 AM

they are designed more for under water..... i have one too

Kitespear813 12-31-2007 09:03 AM

Try a different set of Headphones with it, The wrap around water proof ones that come with it suck. I use the original phones that came with my Ipod And they work better.

jim 12-31-2007 09:08 AM

Wont the different headphones not make a good seal with the case and let water in? Will other headphones get destroyed in the water?

Whitey 12-31-2007 12:05 PM

Please consider how incredibly dangerious it is to ride a kite and cut your warning receivers in half. You only have eyes and ears to keep you out of harms way. If your not looking at the trouble and some one is trying to warn you, or a jet ski, or other vessel is coming at you from behind and doesn't see you it could cost you dearly. Best used for swimming laps.

jim 12-31-2007 04:19 PM

I ride mostly on grassflats with just a few others and no boat traffic but no doubt could be dangerous.

toby wilson 01-01-2008 12:47 AM

I agree that it could cause a problem on a crowded day but when used with caution, they are fine. I have one and I know of a few others who also do, when used responsibly and away from crowds IMO they are fine...they are best on cruising light wind days anyway because crashing hard on a failed attempt at a trick could destroy the unit or worse yet your eardrums...

Steve-O 01-01-2008 06:18 PM

The trees outside my yard are blowing nicely.

Rodan'sWings 01-01-2008 06:38 PM

i got a H2O housing for my ipod shuffle but i still need to order the new style H3 headphones(black ones)......they sound a lot nicer than the older white headphones. The new H2O H3 headphones are $50.....they better have a good warrantee for that much$$.........I have not tried regular a set of non-waterproof headphones, but they would prolly last a few sessions/dunkings, be alot cheaper than $50 bucks, and might even sound better that the H3's (above water)

Kitespear813 01-02-2008 09:57 AM

The regular headphones won't last in the salt water, after a few sessions they are done, However I have not had a problem with the housing unit leaking with the regular headphones.