FKA Kiteboarding Forums

FKA Kiteboarding Forums (http://www.fksa.org/index.php)
-   Let's Ride! (http://www.fksa.org/forumdisplay.php?f=46)
-   -   DHL Ground SUCKS!!! (http://www.fksa.org/showthread.php?t=1379)

toby wilson 04-28-2006 12:08 PM

DHL Ground SUCKS!!!

I just got an update on my 25.5 Machine which was sent to me DHL ground on Monday. The kite is still in Salt Lake City, UT!!! Now that is aggrivating!!! I thought I was gonna be riding and pointing and laughing at all of you guys sitting on the beach next week but looks like I'll be sitting right there with you for at least Monday and Tuesday...DAMNIT!!! :( :x

Optionryder420 04-28-2006 01:10 PM

Should've gone UPS... I work there so it's super cool :D

Did you guys know that there was a mercury spill up in Jacksonville and it stopped all packages for a while... strange eh?

toby wilson 04-28-2006 01:25 PM

It doesn't matter. The guy that I bought the kite from uses DHL for his company. If you like frozen baked goods and the such, look for his company name when you shop at Wal-Mart Superstores. His company name is Rhodes Bake-N-Serv, help out a fellow kiter and buy his product!!! But he paid for the charges (70 lbs = $41), pretty cool so I had no control over which company he used to ship it. Sounds like it wouldn't have gotten down here on time anyway...

bryanleighty 04-28-2006 01:32 PM

thats a damn heavy kite ya got there buddy.

my 2 waroos shipped from st. augustine cost about 12 bucks.
shipping today.
here monday.

saturday delivery .. 100 clams.
not that desperate.

welll..

yes i am .. just acted on a moment of restraint.

bryanleighty 04-28-2006 01:35 PM

btw Toby.. thanks for the hook up with keith @ advance sails.

20m north fixed for 50 dollars.

i felt like shit. ebone sold me the beast and even mentioned that he felt like he was getting rid of one of his kids.. then i go out about 2 weeks later and tear a huge hole in it.

(reminder to never let me babysit for anyone)

but now its back to its full glory as a rip-roaring-wind-milking-turn-on-a-dime machine.

-b

toby wilson 04-28-2006 01:36 PM

I hear ya, that's why we went with DHL ground instead of an overnight or something. Since mine is in Salt Lake City, UT, I expect a much larger delay than just Monday...probably more like Wednesday at best...

I can wait though, the shop should be getting the LE bladder in for my 20.5 Machine here either today or Monday. I talked to Neil Hutchinson today and he told me it shipped out earlier in the week. Thanks again for the great customer service Neil, WSW and Slingshot!!!

Optionryder420 04-28-2006 01:52 PM

I'm not sure how DHL does it, but at UPS, if the box is past a certain size, it's automatically a certain weight.

It's a strange measuring system, and I'm not typing it up and explaining it. But a machine that size, would require a box that we'd automatically weigh in at 70lbs.

bryanleighty 04-28-2006 01:56 PM

consider me now educated.
:)

toby wilson 04-28-2006 03:10 PM

No problem on the hookup Bryan! How is the repair job? He has always done an incredible job on my kites, I will always trust Keith with my 'children'. :lol: Looks like you got a great price too!!!

Optionryder420 04-28-2006 03:36 PM

Speaking of work, I'm at work right now....