FKA Kiteboarding Forums

FKA Kiteboarding Forums (http://www.fksa.org/index.php)
-   What's happening? (http://www.fksa.org/forumdisplay.php?f=126)
-   -   Cabrinha Board Demo and Instruction At the Cable Park (http://www.fksa.org/showthread.php?t=7999)

Chris.Quinn 03-10-2009 11:38 PM

Cabrinha Board Demo and Instruction At the Cable Park

Satrurday 21st March 1130 until 4pm.

Cabrinha board Demo to Include 2009 Custom, 2009 Prodigy, 2009 Plasma, 2009 Caliber, 2009 Rival and 2009 S-Quad.

Cabrinha team riders will be on hand to answer any questions or queries regarding any of the 2009 Product range.

Pro Ski Rixen Team Rider Andy Hurdman will be on hand to show off his skills on the cable park (providing there is no wind)

Beginner tuition is on offer all day by BWSF Wakeboarding Instructor Chris Quinn with the help of the Ski Rixen Team.

Ski Rixen have discounted the entry fee to 2 hours cable time for $20 for all Kitesurfers on this day.

Purchase a new Kiteboard from the event and recieve 10% discount or one of our demo board's for 15% discount.

For more information please call Chris at Miami Action Sports (954) 709 2798

If you have never been to the cable park before then you need to be asking yourself "why not?"

The cable park at www.skirixenusa.com is a great cross trainer for kitesurfers. It improves goofy and regular riding as well as learning how to get "pop" off the water. For the more advanced riders there are kickers and sliders to play on. When there is no wind the cable gives us access to get out on our board and learn the skills at a higher rate.

All you need is a pair of shorts and rash vest or wetsuit, a towel, sunscreen and some water.

Ski Rixen USA is located in Deerfield beach just north of Ft Lauderdale, for directions please see www.skirixenusa.com

We look forward to seeing you there

Miami Action Sports and Adventure Sports Miami
www.adventuresportsmiami.com
www.cabrinhakites.com
www.npx-hq.com
www.neilpryde.com

ricki 03-11-2009 08:50 AM

Sounds like a blast Chris and just the ticket for cross training, working on board skills and coping with no wind days. I need to process more shots of you in action from Islamorada last weekend. No wonder you looked at ease on the sliders and kickers.

http://www.fksa.org/albums/album384/slide_out.sized.jpg
Chris eases off the slider at II09

We're lucky to have a cable park so close by. It is near to I-95, the Turnpike and Sawgrass Expressway making getting there fast and easy.

http://www.fksa.org/albums/album137/...rs_s.sized.jpg
A look at the Ski Rixen park

http://www.skirixenusa.com/images/ani_ski_rixen.gif

Chris.Quinn 03-11-2009 06:35 PM

I went to the cable park today and spoke to the guys.

They have lowered the price for Kitesurfers to $18 only on this day and the start time will be at 10am.

If your a Kitesurfer and have never been to the cable park before then please arrive at 0930 and we will give you some ground instruction to get you going.

Please see the Cabrinha tent to recieve your group discount rates.

Look forward to seeing you all there.

Chris.Quinn 03-19-2009 07:06 PM

..........POSTPONED..........

Due to the weather conditions this Saturday (super windy), the race and the Matheson Freestyle comp we have decided to postpone the event until next Saturday 28th.

Sorry for the short notice. Hope to see you all at the cable park on Saturday 28th March.

Any Questions please do not hesitate to call the school number on 954 -709 2798

Chris.Quinn 03-27-2009 05:20 PM

Cabrinha Board Demo is a go.

10am - 4pm tomorrow (Saturday March 28th)

All Kitesurfers are entitled to the 2 hour rate of $18. Please see me at the Cabrinha tent for the reduced entry.

All 2009 Cabrinha Board range is available for Demo.

10% off all boards if you purchase one tomorrow and 15% on one of our Demo boards.

Hope to see you all there tomorrow.

ricki 03-27-2009 06:22 PM

Sounds good Chris, put it on the Calendar. Will Andy Hurdman be coming down again?

Thanks!

Chris.Quinn 03-29-2009 02:14 PM

Cabrinha board Demo was a riot.

Loads of people got to try out the Cabrinha Board range, plenty of Kiteboarders from around the coast and local. Its good to see that people are going to the cable that have never used it before.

We tought several advanced riders that have never used a cable before and they loved it, as well as all the beginner riders that are inproving their board skills.

The board Demo went so well with so many kiteboarders present for it that we will run again in a few weeks for those that never got the chance to make it.

This time we will wait until there is less wind for those that could not be tempted because of the strong Southerly blowing through yesterday.

Andy Never made it as it was so windy.

Hope to see you all there soon

ricki 03-29-2009 04:01 PM

Hey Chris,

Glad it was a good day, look forward to more in the future particularly to take us through the calm months. Glad you are putting this on.

I know about Andy, saw him at the beach. I found myself doing something, that I may not have done in years. That was to just stop as I was taking the gear off the beach to go home. I stopped and watched Andy pop from wave crest to wave crest in a gravity defying litany of jumps, rewinds continuously for minutes. Incredible spectacle.

What about a new event, wave free style? A timed event, with continuos tricks being thrown throughout. I catch some video going off in good wind and waves to show what I mean. I would be a great show for the folks on shore.