FKA Kiteboarding Forums

FKA Kiteboarding Forums (http://www.fksa.org/index.php)
-   What's going on? (http://www.fksa.org/forumdisplay.php?f=47)
-   -   Kiteboarding went Live on BayNEWS9 (http://www.fksa.org/showthread.php?t=8376)

Steve-O 06-11-2009 10:58 PM

Kiteboarding went Live on BayNEWS9

Just got a call from Rachel, and the story went live on Bright House Networks Channel 340.

Find Big Boys Toys, then Kiteboarding.

Some notes on the shot.

Don't normally teach on the beach, but due to scheduling we had a 2 hour window of time on a specific day. Tried to do the shoot in Ft. Desoto, but absolutely no wind. Had a hunch it was blowin up north. It paid off.

Big thanks to Craig Whiteleather for bringing out the big guns, Flysurfer 19M Speed 2, and making 10 knots look amazing. You really made it happen out there Craig!!!!!

Tried to get more shots of the bay area scene around St. Pete, but that was the week we had the low pressure system on top of us where it rained for a week strait. Bummer!!!!!!

We were body draggin in the water a bit, and Rachel totally lost her top....I guess that will be in the unedited version. :)

Enjoy. Nice to get some good press on the sport.

CrazyJay 06-12-2009 08:22 AM

Ask here to join us for the next tropical storm or hurricane ride.

Whitey 06-12-2009 08:35 AM

Yes, it would be nice to have some wind to show them what our sport is all about with some wind. That was very tough trying to make something out of nothing.
The whole time I was riding in the back gound I was talking out loud to myself saying how lame this will look. My shot in the spot light and it's blowing 8 to 10 mph and I'm trying to jump.

Reminded me of my business trip to Germany, when a goup of us had to make a 250 mile trip on the autobahn, we drew cards to see who got to drive. I was so freekin excited when I won the privilage to drive on a highway with no speed limit. Next morning we wake up at the hotel eveyone gathers down stairs waiting for our car and here it comes up the driveway---a VW Van.

Big D 06-13-2009 08:37 AM

Looked like a commercial for waterssports west ......

conchxpress 06-13-2009 09:33 AM

Boys and Their Toys

Steve-O you did a great job. Are you going to auction off Rachel's nitrous shorts? LOL. She seemed very informed about the sport, not like some reporters you see on the news. Is she going to continue the lessons?

Steve-O 06-13-2009 10:31 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by conchxpress (Post 40781)
Steve-O you did a great job. Are you going to auction off Rachel's nitrous shorts? LOL. She seemed very informed about the sport, not like some reporters you see on the news. Is she going to continue the lessons?

Thanks bro. Yes I was very impressed with how much Rachel listened and researched. She takes her sh*t seriously. My only frustration of the story, and I must have said this to her 1000 times, was how important it was to get lessons. She tried to cram so much in 5 minutes. I think she got it, just wish she had said it. I knew something or another was going to get left out. It was fun and glad to be able to put a positive spin on a sport surrounded in such negativity. She had a great time doing it, and I think the story captures that, and isn't that what its all about.......having a great time???

Steve-O 06-15-2009 09:27 AM

For those of you that don't have Bright House, Tyler helped me get this on YouTube. Thanks Tyler.

Tony 06-15-2009 01:20 PM

Nice job Steve - O and Craig! Craig - I need to ride that flysurfer!

Tony

hrpufnstuf 06-15-2009 02:51 PM

So what

Quote:

Originally Posted by Big D (Post 40780)
Looked like a commercial for waterssports west ......

So what! They are the only shop around unless you count adrenalina at the Mall

Alex 06-15-2009 03:31 PM

"the artists had previously determined how the paint should flow
the elder found vice on the tip of his toe
and made it his selfish goal to set out and escalate his status quo
now the piece was split in two... a mutiny if you will

the tale does not end there
for only one option could be fair
the elder refused to care
as he sat upon his "almighty" chair,
while the victims sat in deep despair

again the story doesn't end for these two men