View Single Post
Old 10-15-2006, 08:49 AM
Skyway Scott

While you guys (and Donna) are riding in 15 to 20, ENE at SW, I am posting about kite line :roll: (great.... Oh well...)
Hopefully you guys are rippin' it. It is blowing 3 here.

Q-line is cool, but Daryl found a couple "packaged" lines that out-do Qline, tho. Both in rated strength, and especially ease of use. Spending an hour measuring q line lengths can get old. I just remembered, I still have two personal spools, Tom.

Gone are the days of choosing b/n crappy white pre pack line and Q as your two choices. If you are thinking about replacing old lines, Ozone makes really nicely sleeved and color coded line sets of various lengths (and 4 or 5 line) at a rated strength of 800 pounds! That surpasses Q by 33%.

Flexifoil also makes insane stuff. One cool set they have has 5m extensions "built in" for ease of going from 20 to 25m lengths in about 2 minutes, should you desire. Rated strength, 660, oops, beats Q again (600). That line set with extensions is on all stock bars with new Flexi kites. All Ozone kites have as stock the 800 color coded stuff.

Tom, I agree, if your lines have give, it feels like your kite is on a rubber band. It decreases the ability of your kite to yank you off the water while jumping and it can severely decrease the kite's response time to inputs.

Never was that more obvious than a long time ago when Travis D. and I both had the same Wipika 11.8 Airblast. His had Q line on the lbar, I had stock "white" line. I thought his kite was SO much better than mine, when we traded kites. I was confused.
We then proceeded to switch bars, so that his bar and lines was with my kite. Now MY kite was much better than his, and HIS sucked.
Interesting.
I bought Q the next day, and yep, my kite was behaving like a totally different animal.

I know lines are better now than 5 years ago, but the above lines are really good.

Geez, you guys are kiting and I am typing about lines, this bites!