Thread: wed night
View Single Post
Old 03-22-2007, 12:22 PM
invisible

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skyway Scott View Post
Didn't that happen to you, Tom? (in about 15 knots). And then Donna took it out and ripped? That was my fault for not tuning it for you. You were basically trying to hold down a run away train. But, you got the feel of what I mean.

It's not a beginner kite, but once you spend time on it, it's pretty sweet.
Yeah it was before I got my waroo (I think?). I was riding my 15m yarga waaaay underpowered. So I am guessing it was less than 15mph. I got on your kite and you "powered it up for me".

Crap! I had to ride at a snail pace because any time I pointed down wind the thing went ballistic and I couldn't hold my edge. I was so confused to be OVER powered in 10-12mph on a 15m that I gave it back to you out of frustration.

Then you gave it to Donna and "re-tuned" it... and she was out cruising and jumping like it was no big deal.

Obviously this kite will make you it's bitch if you don't know how to tune it correctly... but if you do know how to tune it, you can practically have a one kite quiver.

On the other end of the spectirum, I'd say the waroo is the most user friendly kite ... kite flies itself, wont fly over your head, unlock stopper without lifting a hand from the bar, let go of the bar for full depower, doesn't hindenburg and fall out of the sky (draping lines around your neck or bystanders) like a hybrid or C kite... basically pretty safe, easy to find cheap. But you pay for all that with a limited top end.

Regardless, I love these modern kites. A few years ago I'd have had to switch kites a few times in conditions like yesterday.