Thread: Seabreeze
View Single Post
Old 04-04-2007, 10:07 AM

I appreciate the props for the lesson environment we are providing. It does take some extra effort to take students to Caladesi, Honeymoon, and 3-rooker, but the overall benefits are well worth it. It sometimes can take a half day just to get a 2 hour lesson in. We also push new students to get their game on in less crowded conditions ie. weekdays and 10-15 knot days. I think most are listening to our warnings but no guarantees. I don't have much control after they leave the lesson environment although we do preach alot.

As far as sensors, it is the IKITe sensor at Clearwater that I see can change regularly. Every ten minutes I check it shows something different as far as wind speed. I could be wrong on this, will have to take some notes.

And yes, Dunedin is a zoo on the weekends. Boats, people, kayaks, jet skis, hobies, you name it. Not a great place to launch from, but if you can get past the channel and over to Caladesi the reward is grand. However, in the winter time when it is cold, the place is obviously empty. Very doable.

Spot doesn't work well on a NW or a due South for obvious reasons, but every other wind direction can be great.

Hope that helps. We'll be up north for the next 4 days if wind allows getting some more folks on the water. Forecasting has looked alot like a yo-yo. I guess were getting used to it. Any thoughts on the next few days wise one's?