View Single Post
Old 04-18-2007, 09:39 PM
Administrator
Site Admin

Quote:
Originally Posted by snowball View Post
I made a petition to stop milwaukee from dumping sewage into lake michigan!!!
im tired of getting sick and having to ride in nasty smelling water
its just plain nasty!!!

http://www.petitiononline.com/MMSD547/petition.html

spread the word the more people that sighn it the bigger the impact!!!

soo please sighn it everyone......

later
-henry

PS. maybe someone could like sticky this topic or something so that more people see it so they can sighn it

you guys have sharks we litterally have shit ;-)
That's a tough one. It has been standard practice for many decades to dump primary and in more recent times, secondarily treated sewage into the Intracoastal and Ocean in SE Florida. A gazillion gallons over the years. When I was 17, we did a bounce dive to 300 ft. about five miles north of the nearest sewage outfall. I saw pink shredded toilet paper and brown cast water down to about 175 ft. That'll get you stoked to keep going?! There has been an incidence of toxic fish and bird paralysis from feeding on bait in the outfall plumes at times in the past. A professor did a dye tracer study on an outfall in Palm Beach County a long time back. It showed that the plume, which in that case discharged along the 90 ft. water depth contour, arched into shore within 2 miles down current.

People create sewage, lots of it, what do you do with it? Not sure where some fast food franchises are getting their raw material supply but I doubt we can unload it there. So, get rid of the people or ? to better manage the waste. Not sure if deep well injection is an option up that way or not. Not too far away I know the water comes from a couple of thousand feet deep making deep well disposal less feasible.

Of course they could go to tertiary treatment, you can drink that effluent. Maybe that is the solution. It costs and there are still waste products. My point is that it may not be enough to say stop, you might need to lobby for a new feasible direction at the same time.

transcribed by:
Rick Iossi