View Single Post
Old 09-24-2007, 10:13 AM
Skyway Scott

I recommend getting as high res. as possible, then saving as EPS.

Danimal, I agree, signs without talk won't do much.
Consistent talk and agreements without signs is probably more powerful.
As you said, people communicate ideas and enforce things. I never saw a speed limit sign stop a speeder.
I am fairly certain this is the approach (people communicating) that is going to be used at Lassing and am also extremely confident it is going to work. I am confident it will work primarily due to the high proportion of riders at Lassing who care about safety and the understanding(s) that have been reached out there recently among the riders.

Not to be too much of a downer, but I gave up hope on anything useful happening at the SW awhile ago after what I saw and decided not to ride there much anymore. Too many behaviors have been too thoroughly engrained over the years as acceptable in too many riders to expect a change. That's my take.
It's really too bad the place is SO close to an interstate. I wouldn't be as concerned if I didn't think our odds of killing someone in a car with a runaway kite weren't so high.

Thing is, a large number of the people that also take safety seriously feel the same way about the SW and decided to ride the SW much less as well. This leaves a smaller number of people that might speak up at the SW, while concentrating them at Lassing. This scenario only increases the odds of not being approached at the SW if you are totally clueless or a new rider.

I can tell you this though. You would have definitely been approached at Lassing.
I am confident we have at least 8 guys who take safety seriously out there and will help to keep people informed and protect our access at Lassing.

Last edited by Skyway Scott; 09-24-2007 at 10:44 AM.