View Single Post
Old 08-01-2008, 10:56 AM

Rick,

Obviously there are some intricacies in planning an event like this. Fortunately we have the support of the resort, the tourism board, and the locals.

Shortly we will have the online registration forums up so riders can reserve their spots. This event will be limited to 50 racers, and 32 for the kicker slider event. Of course, I'd expect that many will come to just ride and have fun.

It is pretty important to make arrangements for flights ASAP to insure availability. Or site is still missing some info, but we should be up to speed soon. I guess that the most important part is that this will be fun for everyone in the family. Diving, fishing, SUP, lessons, and more. We really want to pump this one up.

The easiest way to do this is for groups to get together to rent entire houses. A 3 bed unit at Bimini Bay will easily accommodate 8-11 people. And will cost roughly $75 per head each night. Additionally I would recommend that everyone takes advantage of the $175 non-competitor package. This includes all lunches, dinners, and parties. It looks like we will have at least 2 nights of open bars. This is a pretty good deal, especially on the islands where food is expensive.

Going forward we will be adding other fun events and clinics. We should have a great list if prizes in addition to the $8000 in cash. Put this one on your calendar.

Kent