View Single Post
Old 06-13-2009, 06:22 AM

I am actually surprised that this approach or similar isn't being enforced along all of the St. Pete beaches, with the substitution of the swim areas markers as the 150 yards out idea. 150 yards out seems a tad much for SPB, but 200 feet seems reasonable.

I will be surprised if this approach is indeed not one day applied to all of St. Pete's beaches. To me it makes sense. This is how jet-skis are regulated along SPB area and we are almost as dangerous. Some could say more dangerous, because the beach-goer can't hear us coming and we could sneak up on them and hit them without forewarning.

I am not going to go ask for rules along the beaches or initiate talks with cops, etc.... but I won't be surprised if we "ask for concessions and compromises" in the future after being asked to not ride. Exactly how Craig just did. Good work Craig, btw.

We don't have in it writing, but Jim Wilson at Fort DeSoto also strongly prefers we avoid North Beach this time of year. It has to with birds and the huge numbers of people. It's not in writing or a rule (as far as I know) but he would prefer it.