Thread: 7/9 Wednesday
View Single Post
Old 07-10-2009, 10:42 AM

Thanks Danny! The hardest part was not building the site, it was getting everything moved from SlowDaddy to a real host (Siteground).I had to remove a lot of stuff that got messed up in the transfer. There's definitely a lot of tweaking left to do, re-adding content, and editing it all down, but at least now I can see the darn site to work on it!
The Classroom portion is phase two, and was about 50% complete before I totally trashed it. A few instructors and exp. kiters are going to work together on rebuilding it, and it should be a great tool for everyone in the near future.
Other funny stuff:
100% built in Internet Explorer (yeah,yeah, I know..) (I had to wait 5-15 seconds between clicks, every step of the way, I thought it was Joomla that was moving so slow! (With all the issues I had I was a little nervous about trying anything different.)
Today is the first day I am really using Firefox and its at least 300% faster and the site is actually a lot "crispier" looking. The next site will be a cakewalk....
*I highly recommend IE users switching to Firefox! Scott has told me that several thousand times, now I know why...

www.kiteboardingtampabay.com