View Single Post
Old 01-25-2010, 08:44 AM

I don't ride there much anymore because of the dangerous riding. I drove by on Friday afternoon to look for a couple friends and I saw several students being taught inside the swim buoys. It looked like two instructors. At that point, someone told me that a rider dragged onto the "beach" and then struck something either on the beach or in the parking lot. He was taken away by ambulance and that's all I know third hand at this point.

I would say that 85% of the riders were INSIDE the swim buoys. It just shows how low the IQ is at that riding location and how even lower the IQ is with the instructors. If reading this offends you, then you should think about riding outside the swim buoys. Plenty of riders were within 20 feet of the beach happier than pigs in $hit not recognizing the consequences to themselves and innocent beach goers that would be caused by simple mistakes people make riding every day.

A lot of riders don't realize that it was a guy (won't include names) from a couple counties North that caused the closure of Virginia Key permanently for kitesurfing in Miami. Locals that like to ride at Hobie Beach better start to speak up and protect this spot. If I was a local government official and watched kitesurfing at Hobie Beach on Friday, I would likely ban the sport.