View Single Post
Old 03-20-2010, 08:27 AM
Administrator
Site Admin

Glad to read your input Christophe, lots of good points. What I think it is going to "take" is a lot simpler though. Just making some basic rules, a handful really, and effectively compelling people to follow them. The further south you go in this state from the GA line, the greater the tendency to be lost in a population of transients. No real sense of belonging or need to protect access. Just do what you feel, and most days no one will really bother you. That needs to end.

So, there are "exceptions." These rules, they're for the other guys or when I feel like it, if ever. That won't work as you point out. We just need to ditch the exceptions, build awareness and enforce this as a good sized kiting community. This "exception" phenomena has plagued other launches in the area at times for quite a while.

We have the numbers, we have something to lose and I have no doubt we can do it. That is if we try.

Regarding Biscayne Bay being the solution, it could be a great help. But, I think we could even threaten that if poor behaviors occurred to excess even there.

Time to smell the coffee, toughen up, pull together as a community and get it done.

transcribed by:
Rick Iossi

Last edited by ricki; 03-20-2010 at 08:45 AM.