View Single Post
Old 05-16-2010, 11:15 AM

Default over the lines

We had a guy do that last year right in the middle of a packed beach during spring break, this guys kite was right overhead with the powerlines about 60 feet downwind of him and a group of his buddies standing around him, although there was not enough power for the kite to drag him etc, if the kite fell on someone or fell over the power lines we could have had a negative fallout from this "accident" . To make matters worse the guy was drinking a beer with his one hand while holding the kite bar with the other, and when I told him that he was not in the kiting area and that he needed to move up the beach , this guy told me that" not to worry as he was an instructor that worked for a kite shop up in Floridas west coast and that he knew what he was doing" Go figure the logic of this idiots actions and we wonder why this sort of behaviour happens when this is what instructors do. I do not know what company he works for, but if I did ,I would definately let them know what their instructor was doing and would not recommend them to anyone.

Greg