View Single Post
Old 06-02-2010, 08:02 AM
Administrator
Site Admin

Bayflight, I think the answers to all your questions is no. If I am wrong in this please let me know, anyone. What should the answers be and how do you propose that we present this to IKO and PASA and compel them to enforce it?

I agree 100% that reform in kiting instruction is needed. Course content is a big concern for me as well.

There are the prerequisites listed on http://www.ikointl.com/iko.php?page=...nt_menu_area=2

"Prerequisites

Candidates to an ITC Level 1 must:
Be at least 18 years old
Kiteboarding/Snowkiting for at least 1 year and be a certified IKO kiteboarder/snowkiter level 3 minimum
Have an IKO Assistant Instructor certification (Water only) or provide a letter of recommendation from a teaching experience in a water or aerial sport
Have a valid first aid and CPR certificate or complete it before the ITC with the IKO Examiner running the course
Pass online Pre-ITC course
Kiteboarding only: complete the IKO powerboat certification course or have an outside powerboat certification
Must be able to read and write"

Swimming proficiency for both students and instructors seems a logical requirement. They do require powerboat certification, why? Is there an intent to require support boats in instruction? Thinking of other action sports, diving, paragliding, hang gliding, don't recall any caps on quantities on instructors or students. Again, how would you propose this to the training agencies and compel them to enforce it?

transcribed by:
Rick Iossi