View Single Post
Old 09-16-2010, 05:43 PM

Hey Tim,

I have made the trip hundreds of times since I was a teenager and is the closest and quickest place to get to East side.

I take I-4 to 417, then hop on 528 E. This drops me right on to A1A. Some tolls, but very quick. 2.5 hours

The swell will be big, and the winds won't. You will need a big kite and board to make the ocean work as alot of water will be moving out there and you will need power to get through it. Jetty Park would be the call IMO as the swell won't be as big there and make it more possible with the winds hovering around 15 or so.

There are some flats on Banana River, but are quite gusty on an Easterly wind.

You might check the forecast down the coast as you head south. You might find more wind the farther south you go. Jupiter Inlet is only 3.5-4 hours away vs. Cocoa being an hour less. You might find more wind down there. Some really great riders down there, and would be happy to show you the ropes. The shore break is brutal. Sometimes overhead just to get off the beach. It has given some pros a run for there money.

Sunday will be very big conditions, and I just don't think there will be enough wind to kite it. Kinda sucks cuz the wind is really going to mess up the swell for surfing, but not be strong enough for kiting.

Enter the waverunner. I have been experiementing with tow-in surfing on the last swell (Earl) and its a blast. I plan to do another round on Sunday somewhere over there and hope to get some video of all of it.

Oh yeah, there is a Days Inn on A1A right by the Canaveral Pier. Good rates and close to everything.
Good luck and hope this helps.

Steve-O

Last edited by Steve-O; 09-16-2010 at 08:29 PM.