View Single Post
Old 10-30-2010, 04:03 AM
Administrator
Site Admin

Another post from Gebi just put on Facebook:

"Michael Gebhardt Yesterday was the last possible day of world record winds in Luderitz Second lagoon, the worlds fastest speed sailing strip. Rob Douglas who I coach, broke the World Record 2 days ago and then on the next run broke his arm in a horrific crash. I saw all the top riders go down hard, trying to break the records and it was quite a show of sheer determination and balls. The videos are awesome...these guys and girls have pushed the limits of humanity to another level never before seen. In honor of fallen Blue Leader Rob, I coached Morgan and Jamie on the speed strip to see if we could go head to head with the top speed riders, and both of them pushed themselves to personal bests and fought it out valiantly and equaled the best efforts of the day. Morgan 49.69 kn and Jamie 49.46 kn in less than windy conditions. Seb Cat posted a 50 knot run on the score board, but we do not know what the official time ended up being. If he beat the Douglas boys it was by a hair. Nice job http://www.nassp.net/ buddies!"

Jamie Douglas
Photo by Marie Desandre Navarre

Gebi at the Islamorada Invitational last year

transcribed by:
Rick Iossi

Last edited by ricki; 10-30-2010 at 04:23 AM.