View Single Post
Old 11-16-2011, 07:56 AM

If I know one thing to be true in this sport, there r those that get it and those that don't.

To John: We have never met and would like to someday but I don't spend much time riding or teaching near 6 lane highways.

I'm and also struggling with your last statement about ranting and raving. This forum original purpose is all about safety and access. I admittedly have concerns about Groupon and kiteboarding and apparently I am not alone. Furthermore I have used this forum for a variety of reasons. Lately it has been a valuable tool to promote a new project of mine Kite4Kids. This turned out to be a very successful fundraiser for All Children's hospital of St. Pete and expose folks to all these great Watersports in the bay area.

Don't confuse passion and concern for ranting and raving.

Finally how is one supposed to have a Face to Face conversation about something if you don't ever see each other? I never see you, so it would be pretty tough to discuss face to face don't you think.

Eager to hear about what steps you have taken to protect access in your neck of the woods. It is my belief as instructors we take a leadership role in protecting access along with the help of fellow riders, park officials, city officials, and shops. There is a level of transparency throughout all of North County. Safety signs have been made and posted permanently. Ride maps have been created and distributed for all to see. Relationships have been formed with governing officials to deal with problems before they get out of hand.

So I guess you can say I have been busy giving back. I sort of see Groupon as a take. How would you feel if I sent a bunch of instructors to your teaching spot and offered lessons at half the price you were giving them at? I do actually think we have to work together as an industry, but I am certain I stand alone in that area.

Steve-O