View Single Post
Old 06-20-2006, 12:04 AM

It depends on what kinda loop you want to do... An unhooked backroll kiteloop is an F-16. Kiteloop=kite in opposite direction you're going. Downloop=same direction.

The loop is supposed to make the backroll easier, but you've really gotta be committed...

Don't do what I did the other day... I started an unhooked kiteloop with my kite WAY too low(10 oclock, so about 30 degrees)... that was the HIGHEST most POWERED INSANE kiteloop I've ever done... scared the shit out of me, I bailed out (only to realize if I held on I would've landed it lol).

If you're doing these with unhooked kiteloops, then I'd suggest learning the unhooked kiteloop first, that's the route josh took, and that's the route I'm taking (sbend downloops and F16's are next after I get my kiteloops more consistant). If you're going to do them with hooked in loops, I wouldn't know, I've never tried one...

But for unhooked kiteloops, the best instructions I got were from Billy...

Bring the kite to 11-12, unhook, put both hands on one side of the bar while digging in your edge, when you're about to start the loop you'll feel the pull, you pop off the water.

To get higher on your jump, and your kite lower, start the loop lower IE: kite at 10. Or use shorter lines.

The loop will pull your backroll around I've heard... so you don't need to throw them as hard.

I think a hooked in kiteloop is a TON different then an unhooked one...

http://www.kitefilm.com/video/kiteloops.wmv

The first one is the unhooked kiteloops I'm talking about...

The other loops where the kite is hella low, looks like he's hooked in but on 15m lines.

EDIT: Unhooked frontrolls and Sbends are different Danny, but I believe you're just doing Sbends... and unhooked frontroll... well I've never really do one, at least not one I'd consider a frontroll... it's either an Sbend or a tantrum. Unless the kite is sent that is.

Sbend=Raley with a 360 while extended.
Not to be confused with a 313=Raley with a 360 on your way down with a handlepass.

Kiters need to make up different names for tricks because the comparison between wakeboarding and kiting is different.