View Single Post
Old 08-09-2006, 11:55 AM
Administrator
Site Admin

I saw the same squall but from about 15 miles north in Delray Beach. It was huge, very obvious and ugly. I watched it move in for about a 1/2 hour. I watched it on radar waiting to get out of the office two hours before that while deciding whether to even go out as it looked like it would hit south of Delray. It chased everyone off the water in Delray even though it was well to the south. The wind boosted up there to 22 to 25 kts. roughly.

Miami just to the south had been getting trashed with squalls whipping off a tropical system much of yesterday with gusts over 45 kts. shortly before your squall.

IF something like this comes in, you want your kite out of the air, lines off it and well secured before the temperature drops, or the wind changes direction and picks up. Having a kite up, particularly a C kite is begging to get injured or killed. Act early because storms can move in very fast.

You should remember the guy very close to your launch that came close to getting killed a few years ago in a similar squall. He was knocked into a coma for at least five weeks after he was teabagged across the beach and into a palm tree only to fall head first into the parking lot. He lost three years, his entire time and life in Florida to amnesia. CLICK HERE AND READ THIS .

I was dragged about 120 ft. at high speed by a 5 m Wipika two line kite at your launch by another squall 6 1/2 years ago.

When will people learn, if ever? It is so simple and the results of ignorance and indifference can be so severe.

transcribed by:
Rick Iossi