View Single Post
Old 01-15-2008, 12:21 PM

Thanks for the ideas and offer to help. Wish we'd thought about video taping it beforehand! ... would have been good for our video page, at least.

One of our employees has a lawyer in the family, who advised us that we did have a case (on account of the proto bar which is not on the market and that we can identify as ours), so we called up the guy, told him we had his number, and from that the police can get his address, and that if we didn't get the kite back within 24 hours, we'd press charges. He said the "guy" he was selling it for was out of the country so we'd have to go after that guy (likely story), but we told him he was selling stolen goods so we'd go after him too.

We got the kite back.

Turns out he's a real estate agent, not some poor guy in need of money and trying to feed a family or anything ... little guy about 120 lbs, name is Oscar, and according to him, he "kites" ... supposedly has a BFK, an old Waroo, and a Slingshot ... which reallly pisses me off, and I hope I see someone of that description riding those kites out on the water sometime, although I doubt I will.