View Single Post
Old 11-11-2008, 10:36 AM

Hey kent,

I see your concern and always try to avoid event schedule conflicts...

I, personally, have been out of the loop because M'Leigha just had our twin boys the other day so the trivials of daily life have faded once again for me...

Our team, on the other hand, has been blowing up down here; extremely motivated and really taking the whole concept of kiteboarding lessons and guided riding to the next level. They are super stoked for the revival of kickers and rails beaten down by relentless hurricane scares.

We had originaly wanted to organize a November event (good month right?) and do it around the incredible full moon party at Morada Bay and do a full moon night ride out of Whale Harbor as many of us have done in the past. When we heard of your Bimini event on the same weekend we were planning, we decided to cancel our plans as to not conflict for the reasons you mentioned above. Then...

When we heard your Bimini event was cancelled (bummer because it sounded cool) we decided to reorganize our moon ride. Then...

I saw your post a week ago about the event this weekend and told my crew to get on the forum and check things out...(they arent forum junkies) well, they did and I guess they decided they wanted to throw an event even though you had a race and sup day planned... and isn't there an event also planned a couple hours west of you this weekend too? have you talked to those guys?

Look man...we want to work together too...we want everyone to get along too...but there are going to be some conflicts when organizer's plans change without notice (or with notice). If we waited to see what everyone else had planned, we would never do an event. We ALL need to work together to not have conflicts...not just Seven, but Seven's competition too... And, btw, I don't see you all up there at Crandon as competition, but as ambassadors for our sport, promoting what we do down here too!! Our competition is non-wind days...

Kent, I still love you man...we are just a bunch of kiters down here trying our best to keep politics out of kiting even though it's getting harder and harder every year...we just wat to ride and have fun...

if it 's windy next weekend too, we'll be riding then too...you guys are always welcome to come down like old times. Ride On.

Brad Lange
Seven Kiteboarding, Islamorada, Florida Keys
www.sevensports.com
305-853-KITE