View Single Post
Old 01-04-2006, 10:25 AM
Administrator
Site Admin

Default Re: Certification for Vacation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Daudbhai
Hi there,

I've been to Crandon Park last year just before the new regulations were implemented and asked about the rules. They were not unreasonable at all and easy to observe. Now I understand that you have to be certified. I've been kiting since 1999. What is the certification process if I am to come back for vacation to ride at Crandon? Don't have a lot of money to pay for a course that says I can stay up wind so how much and what is required for the certification?

Thanks
You need PASA or IKO Level III certification among other requirements to ride at Crandon Park. Some instructors will offer "mossback" certification to experienced kiteboarders at varying prices. It would be best to arrange for this certification before coming back given time and weather requirements if feasible.

These requirements have been stated by the Park Management and not by local kiteboarders in lieu of liability insurance that was historically available but is no longer obtainable. Crandon is just one small launch in a large state with MANY launches. If in doubt, drive to less populated areas with fewer restrictions.

transcribed by:
Rick Iossi