View Single Post
Old 02-18-2008, 02:13 PM

First off, I don't give a crap what any rider ANYWHERE else in the world THINKS of Florida kiters. Florida kiters, especially the ones in this area are the best bunch of people I know of and would want to be associated with, if they are insulting Florida kiters then they are insulting my second 'family' so to speak. So if some idiots think we are wankers they can kiss my white ass because I really don't care about their perception of us. Sounds like the real drama is out there on KF...think about it...who are the real wankers???

That being said, I think that people should be called out in as many ways as possible if they are exhibiting this type of dangerous behavior. I am all for "being cool" and "sharing the stoke" but I think it takes a real wake up call for people that do this kind of stuff to finally realize how stupid they are being. Steve-O obviously knows these people, it sounds like there is a pattern that has developed with these two and newbs or pros it doesn't matter, they are risking injury or death to themselves or others, everyone's beach access, negative press of our sport, etc by doing things like this.

Do I think that every last person should be called out at the beach or on the forum because they had a kitemare or made a mistake? NO. ESPECIALLY the newer riders should be given a LOT of slack and I think that after you have been up and riding proficiently for a year or so we tend to get amnesia about about how hard it was for all of us when we were just learning. And these days it is even harder with all of the crowds. So I DO think that in MOST cases we need to help and offer our support to people learning and learning the RIGHT way, by taking lessons. That is how most of us have done it and the real way to gain the respect of the other kiters is to PUT YOUR TIME IN like all of the rest of us have. But blatant stupidity deserves to be called out in and I am glad that Bryan (and Steve-O) did it.