View Single Post
Old 08-07-2013, 03:30 PM

Hello troubleshooter
We have not received the 2014 kites but they should be in any day. Once we get our hands on the kites we will be immediately hosting a demo.

"The 1x overdrive bar comes in the 1x (49-57 cm) and the 1xl (57-65). The catalog states that the 1xl must be used with the Contra for the full function of the security system. If the 1x adjusts to the minimum size of the 1xl (57 cm) what else is different about the 1XL bar that wont let the 1x bar function properly on the Contra?"

I am pretty sure you can use the either bar with the kite. Cabrinha recommends the bigger bar so the kite will turn faster. To get the most of the turning speed a bigger bar really helps with the big kites.
With regards to security system, The catalog reads "Contra kite must be used with Overdrive 1XL
Control System. The bar adjusts from 57-65cm
with 24m line length
The new kites flag out off of a single line so a different bar length should have no effect on the safety system.

If the new 1x and 1xl bars are now on a single line flagging system, this seems to make them compatible with a lot of kites (looks like the high Y in the kite lines is gone). Is this also true with using the 2014 bars on 2011/2012/2013 kites?

The 2014 bar should work fine with the older Cabrinha Kites. With the removal of the IDS landing line they were able to bring the Y split closer to the bar than the IDS bar. This will be nice for a lot of reason. My favorite will be the new bar will be much easier to untangle if the front lines get crossed with the back.

Switchblade. Did this year lose re-launch performance? The catalog shows the re-launch rating as something like a 8 out of 10.

The feedback on the relaunch is good. The switchblade is still super easy to get off the water. They gave the highest rating to the Vector for relaunch.

Also, did we lose any low-end or wind range this year

The feedback I am getting is the low end on the switchblade has improved.

I'll keep an eye on this thread and answer any questions I can.

Luke