View Single Post
Old 04-18-2012, 09:01 PM

Hello there first timer.

Sounds like you are self learning without professional instruction. Learning from untrained professionals will have many gaps in your learning. It can be downright dangerous. Being in trouble with a kite is no joke and you may learn the hard way.

Beaches and launches around Florida are getting shut down every year due to irresponsible riding behavior. Don't take the chance and be "that guy" that ruins it for your local beaches. Invest in some lessons and you will be up and riding before you know it. A professional that knows their shit can show you a lot in 3 hours. Technique is everything. Knowledge and understanding is key.

Grabbing strangers is highly inadvisable as who knows what they aren't showing you and/or telling you.

Please find an instructor in your area and get a lesson. It only take one wrong move, or one misjudgment and your kite could be in two pieces or even worse you could hurt yourself or someone around you. Now that can be expensive.

If you need some referrals I would be glad to help you out. Everything you are doing is great regarding research. Keep it up. But find a pro. You may not understand now, but you WILL thank me later.

Sincerely,
Steve Visnage
Kite School Manager
Team Watersports West