View Single Post
Old 02-29-2008, 11:44 AM

Attachment 481

This works on a SB2 and SB 3 for sure. Try it on your swithblades. I know it won't work for the hard core handle passers but for the everyday rider doing jumps and beginners this is the ticket.

If you push the release on the kite the leash will have your kite by the front lines and it will behave just like the John Modica video. It will just fall and be tame. It will not twist out of control as it will if you are hooked onto the outside line ring they provide. You can then pull your leash in and rehook up and relaunch the kite. If you get into a situation where you are over powered you can just pull in on your lease to render the kite unpowered to what ever degee you need based on how far you pull in on the leash. You can land you kite by yourself and hook your leash to a solid object and the kite will just sit there while you make your way up the front lines to it.

If a line breaks or a major mishap takes place you can release the kite first see if that gets you out of touble, and if needed the leash release is right there next to the first release (and works just like the first release) you can use either hand. Set it up and go out to a shallow palce away from the beach and try it a bunch of times. I don't know why this is not in the book as the place to hookup too, but after watching the self landing video that John posted I went out and tried it in wind up to 30kts and it worked great multipul times. Enjoy the power of the wind.