View Single Post
Old 03-19-2007, 08:39 AM
Administrator
Site Admin

Hey Mike,

Were you able to make it out late yesterday? The sideshore wind cooked off! I could have used more waves but it was mighty fine all the same.

Your point about falling near a couple of sharks, I would work to avoid that! They only severe shark attack on a kiter that I have heard about worldwide, involved a guy cheaping out, trying to teach himself to kite in lieu of quality lessons off Hutchinson Island. Too much time in the water particularly with bait kicking up and sharks in the water is a bad idea! They seem to ignore kiters on plane some of the time absent feeding behaviours in OUR area, still experience has shown bathers and surfers are fair game and will be attacked on ocassion. So, once you're in the water your risk appears to go up substantially. I wouldn't be astonished to see a shark go after a board on plane. Of course at the time, there would be a fair amount of astonishment all the same!

The swells of LW Saturday were intense. We went to a wedding on the beach late. Guys were getting 300 ft. rides down the waves! Better than head high too. The wind was side offshore so no good for kiting.

Have the guys off Miami been seeing the spinner migration?

transcribed by:
Rick Iossi

Last edited by ricki; 03-19-2007 at 10:32 AM.