View Single Post
Old 12-12-2006, 10:44 AM
Administrator
Site Admin

Quote:
Originally Posted by kent
yeah... Andy messed me up... Actually, Jeremy Green was just in front of me as well and did the same thing. But get the story straight, I was saying, "number 10, I'm number 10". I think I got a “great, good for you, keep it going and I'm sure you can get a top 5!” The funny thing is that I knew where the check point was and I still decided to check in early. It just goes to show you that anyone can get a job in the US.

Regarding the turtle, I hit one about 8 miles into the race doing about 25 knots. I thought that it ripped off one of my fins because my board started to spin out a bit afterward. As it turned out, the turtle did no damage, but my brain was trying to sabotage me. I did happen to see another turtle along the way that had partially swallowed a plastic bag. This is a huge problem as it can cause death in turtles. They eat jelly fish and often mistake bags for dinner. Keep the plastic out of the ocean, or the sharks will run out of food and eat YOU!

Andy had a great race and no doubt was my guess as the pre-race favorite. I don’t suppose that his life time membership at the cable park hurt him any.

Kent
I bet they thought you were Bo Derek in the movie "10" or something. Wasn't there a kiting scene? Also, is there any truth to the rumor that your going to be in Excellent Adventure II?

You must have been smokin' Turtles usually blast out of dodge with approaching board noise. Also, surf noise may have masked things a bit. I had heard about turtles gobbling bags for years but had yet to see one. Ditto to Kent's suggestion, keep the plastic out of the ocean.

The Grasshopper did haul ass down the coast. Way to go Andy!

I think your downwinder to Miami was the perfect way to cap the day though. Go hard and far, then just taking things further still. Wish I could have had a go as well. Company XMAS parties come just once a year I guess.

transcribed by:
Rick Iossi