View Single Post
Old 11-15-2006, 06:27 AM
Administrator
Site Admin

Quote:
Originally Posted by AEsco48
Thursday morning will be a south wind...side shore for crandon....at matheson at 6am its high tide...im not driving my car though 1 foot of salt water...not worth it...

I dont belive any of the Taxis are going to go out either thursday morning or afternoon...you save water taxi for a really good day not a 12-14mph...that and you need to get a group of at least 4 people or there be already 4 people signed up right?....a taxi is not going to go out for 1 person... by the way i scuba dive...
Good points. Hopefully with demand the availability will go up even on lighter weekdays and the price down. Today there are only two operations that I know about (The Kitehouse, Miamikiteboarding.com), by early December three (Hatteras Kiteboarding). In time, who knows how many. All of Miami Beach is technically banned, Crandon is supposed to hover around a 25 rider cap at any time, Rickenbacker Cswy. is supposed to eventually be closed to all beach traffic, Matheson Hammock gets crowded. It is good to have options for calm, flat water conditions with good wind (often stronger than nearshore), that don't involve driving out of the area.

transcribed by:
Rick Iossi