View Single Post
Old 03-13-2008, 12:54 PM
Skyway Scott

Quote:
Originally Posted by Danimal8199 View Post
Woodson, I was hoping someone would comment on the Atom. I rode your kite before it was yours and I actually liked it alot, can anyone confirm how well the atom is unhooked?
The Atom absolutely rocks, in all respects, including unhooking. Imo the Flexis are one of (if not the) ultimate unhook kite. Unhooking on one is simply heaven. Exceptionally smooth lift off of the water and a predictable and smooth flight. Some other kites are much more aggressive and possibly "exciting", but the Flexis are just "dependable and predictable".
BTW, I do think lighter guys notice things more than heavy guys. So I do think I notice stuff Tom may not just because I am only 155. It may not matter much for a 200 pounder. I can get thrown around a lot easier than bigger guys.

Anyway, when Billy shows up with his kites, all you have to do is take note of how other guys (good riders) are hopping on them and not wanting to give them back. It's funny at times.
I was about to get the 9m Atom when I got the Waroo.

Keep in mind that the relaunch on the Flexi isn't in the same ballpark as the Rev or the Cabs. Those kites are sort of "silly easy". The Flexi takes a little understanding to relaunch. It's still relatively easy compared to some others.

I have an Ion2 12.5 in the mail. You can demo it Saturday at Sunset, Danny.
I personally think getting advice from people with some time on the water is useful, but nothing beats a demo.
Maybe Dave can come over for another demo, too.