View Single Post
Old 08-11-2010, 08:53 AM
Administrator
Site Admin

Looking forward to checking out your photos Kent and thanks for the reports from the Biminis! It really is a rustic place in some respects, that is a favorite part of the place for me too. I recall when a bunch of us ended up at the Big Game after the Ft. Lauderdale to Bimini kite race. Who won that race anyway?

Landing on North Bimini Beach

I see Guy Harvey has resurrected the Big Game website, http://biggameclubbimini.com/, he even posted a letter about his concept for the place:

As a scientist, artist, and avid sportsman who enjoys diving and fishing, I have had the good fortune of traveling our blue planet for research, work and for fun.

Through my travels, I have come to appreciate how small our world is and how much stress is being put upon our irreplaceable marine environment. Every day I have greater appreciation for the challenges that we face in simply understanding the marvels of the marine world and how to conserve these resources for our children and future generations. What I have concluded is we all need to unplug from the computer, pack our gear and get out there. Get really connected to the world.

Breaking away is a big decision. Where to go? How long to stay? How do I get the most out of the time away? How do I make sure I have a great time? The questions are numerous; the options are endless. For this reason, I've created The Guy Harvey Outpost Resort concept.

Our goal is to create a collection of properties in unique destinations owned and staffed by people who are passionate about their time on, in and around the water. We want to create a recreational product that exemplifies the type of experiences I enjoy in my travels, where each trip is an adventure - an expedition of discovery, with experiences that become memories to last a lifetime.

The Bimini Big Game Club is our first Guy Harvey Outpost Resort. Not only does Bimini offer unlimited fishing and diving opportunities, great history and a lot of fun, its home to the Bimini Shark Lab which is doing incredible research work on sharks and the unique marine ecology of the Bimini islands. At Outpost Bimini, we will give you an opportunity to peek inside the world of some truly amazing shark research that is of particular interest to me.

Come to Bimini and be a part of its history. Regardless, just get out there. Hone your skills, learn something new, expand your vision, get really connected to the world. Do that, and you'll find it truly rewarding when its time to simply stretch out in one of our hammocks and relax.

As we say at Guy Harvey Outpost, "From the Oceans, Comes Life". Live it to its fullest. Enjoy the journey.

Cheers!

transcribed by:
Rick Iossi

Last edited by ricki; 08-11-2010 at 09:10 AM.