View Single Post
Old 06-01-2010, 09:39 AM

I am really happy for ASM on this deal, however, I have mixed feelings with the new rules, and please understand I am a beginner and I am just expressing my opinion including other beginners I have talk to. It is great that things get organized and we don’t lose access to the park, it is even more great to have the peace of mind if I get drifted to the channel and if I can’t comeback somebody will be there to help me; for experienced riders I see no big issues, they can get certified at any time (and they should) which will protect them and everybody else; for newbie’s, no questions, they have to pay for professional training classes. Now, what about a guy like me? I have paid for 7 hours of professional training and one hour of supervision, I am to the point sometimes I can get to water start and ride a short distance (not always), to be honest I am not the faster learner when it come to kite boarding, but what are my choices? I spend money on training (money well spend), I bought my own gear (I choose to buy it from ASM) and how much money I have to keep spending so I can practice? I may be wrong, but I believe the only way I can get to be a better rider is, if I practice, practice and practice, but I can’t afford to pay for somebody to supervise me every time I want to do that for a couple of hours. I think is only fair after paying for professional training we should be able to have an area where we can practice without having to pay more money as long as we follow the rules and have good kite control, may be getting certify level 2 if such of thing is possible?.