View Single Post
Old 08-13-2004, 03:22 AM
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by skoozer
Brett mentions in his article that kiteboarders can get insurance from AKA or PASA. I just checked AKA website and they only have insurance for events, and PASA only has instructor insurance. Is there no source for regular kitebaorder guy liability insurance ?

Tom

Hello Tom,

Thanks for bringing this to my attention. Brett's article was prepared in 2002 when such coverage was still available. One of the consequences of 9-11 and the approximate $70 Billion USD loss to the primary and reinsurer market was the shrinking of available types of readily affordable coverage. The AKA lost insurance covering individual kite fliers earlier this year. Despite very extensive efforts, no replacement coverage has been found yet. I believe the term is that there is no "market" for that time of coverge at this time.

Aside from First Flight Insurance for PASA schools, instructors and students during courses, the only individual liablility coverage that may exist is that offered through some homeowner policies. Some of the polices are stated to cover this sort of exposure and which can even be increased for an additonal premium sometimes. Check with your insurance agent to see if you are one of the lucky ones in this regard.

transcribed by:
Rick Iossi