View Single Post
Old 08-03-2007, 08:18 PM
popeye

No plans here to own a 2008 kite until 2009. As far as I can tell buying the newest kite at retail means it costs you about $800 per year per kite (assuming you sell it at the end of the year at typical loss to upgrade) .

Wait a year, and buy that $1600 kite (after they work out any quality issues) like new for $500. That's always been my strategy So I'll be buying up 07's in January

The most I ever spent on a single kite was $800... my first kite. After that they cost me under $450 each, all brand new, but last year's model.

Has my riding suffered by not being on the newest kite? I don't think so... plus I get a well tested kite instead the first run (which often have quality control issues .. this includes most brands except flexi I think.. although some newer brands have been ok).

But hey that doesn't mean I won't want to demo all of those new kites because I will be wanting them in 09!!

Namely, the new Royal, Eclipse, and best Nemesis. Maybe the REV but I am not expecting much there. I don't expect many changes in the waroos this year so they are not on the top of my list for new kites...

Last edited by popeye; 08-03-2007 at 11:15 PM.