View Single Post
Old 04-07-2008, 11:29 AM

Unhappy

I had a bad lofting experience at EB that day. It was late in the day and the wind seemed to have dropped a bit from that morning. The wind hadn't actually dropped but shifted more out of the SW as I latter learned the hard way. I made the mistake of launching by the water and kite by the cars. The kite launched and drifted back into the window a bit so I walked upwind to compensate the drift. The kite stabilized and I proceeded to take it up to 12. I found out that wind was being shadowed by the trees and once the kite got above the trees it took off straight to 12 and up I went, about 3 feet but was dragged at least 50 feet. Brian Woods quickly grabbed me with his tiger like instincts and saved me from being dragged into the parked cars feet first. (Thanks Brian sorry your new shirt got dirty)

I always tell people to launch the kite towards the water and I didn't take my own advice. I let my guard down thinking the wind dropped but in fact it had picked up and I was just in a shadow from the trees.

So from now on I will use my own advice in launch the kite towards water. I have a nice strawberry on the left side of my ass to remind me to preach what I teach. Sorry Toby and Eric, I will not post any pictures of my strawberry on my ass.

-Chris