View Single Post
Old 02-13-2010, 10:20 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by motzi View Post
Hi Folks,

Thank you once already. There are only two weeks
The last few weeks I´ve never came to planning our vacation. We had very good conditions for

snowkiting directly outside my door Here are some pictures of views:

http://www.spotspy.net/imagealbum/in...pe/user/id/240

Now the wind has exposed a little bit and I'll do my thoughts about the vacation to you.
And I rejoice also at higher temperatures

What should I pack on kites and boards?
2 Boards 2 kites, or better 1 Board 3 kites (I have Kite 7; 10 and 14sm / Board 1,31 and 1,40m)
Neo 5mm or submit a shorty?
What size are you going in March?

So, at first we want to get the direction to the keys and then we will make another detour to the Gulf Coast and / or the Atlantic Ocean above Miami, dependend of the forcast

Can anyone recommend a campsite south of Miami in direction off the Keys for the first 2 or 3 days?

@ Greg
we only come in one pair with one camper

So long! Carsten

Motzi,

I also agree with what Greg has said. It's been abit of an off year so bring the wetsuit. As for camping.

Fiesta Key Campgrounds is a KOA campground and closest to Islamorada.

Long Key State Park is awesome as you are camping and kiting right in front of your campsite.

There is a large campground in Marathon but most of the time is crowded and not very Keysy.

Bahia Honda State Park is one of Americas top 10 beaches and you can kite and camp there.

As for Coconut Cove Resort, don't bother unless you are tent camping. No hook-ups for your RV and it's tiny with no launches for kiting on the premises.

If you need anything at all while your here, give us a call at Otherside Boardsports in Islamorada and we'll send you in the right direction.

oTHErside Boardsports
www.othersideboardsports.com
Islamorada, Fl.