View Single Post
Old 04-02-2013, 08:15 PM

1. Your opinion and noted

2. NCKC Mission statement "The purpose of NCKC is to protect the access to kite boarding in North Pinellas County thru education of fellow riders with emphasis on ensuring the safety of fellow beach users and kiters."

3. NCKC was created by concerned kiters seeking to preserve access. We don't live in Idaho, we live in the Tampa Bay Area, therefore it's obvious we are all interconnected through mutual friendships.

The supervised practice or leave comment is dillusional at best! LOL

4. The spot mentioned was Howard County Park, 1/4 mile north of Sunset. This park loss access for years due to one reckless kiter, not one reckless instructor.

5. We are 100% accident free since I have been on board in 2005, and with the use of Waverunners not only do we assist kiters in trouble, but keep our students away from other kiters. Far away. Sometimes so far kiters don't even know we're there.
Currently, all lessons are subcontracted to Down South Kite and Paddle. They are licensed and insured.

With that said, what is your accident record? Never mind, you don't have to answer that.

6. NCKC is not an authority or accepts responsibility. It is simply a way to relay valuable information to preserve kiteboarding access.

Now back on topic.......

Good news, I have already been contacted by numerous kiters who are interested in creating new ride maps and guidelines for their local riding spots.

There is a really great group of kiters in the Tampa Bay Area and we all want to kite here with unlimited access, and pass it to the next generation.

I'm excited to see where this goes and look forward to building a data base of riding spots with info created by the locals. It would be cool to have this all located in one location.

A local St. Pete kiter today is moving to Tampa and wanted the lowdown on the Tampa spots. He got an earful of info from some helpful riders and a perfect opportunity to put all that info on a ride map and set of guidelines for all to see and share.