View Single Post
Old 07-16-2008, 07:14 PM
Administrator
Site Admin

Hey Frank,

I don't recommend using a boogie board for dive support. The guy I was communicating with said he would bring one. I think they have very little value in free diving myself.

My free diving gear takes up a fraction of the space of my kiting gear. There is no comparison. The long fins are a bit of a challenge. You want a sufficiently long bag to protect them from one of the fin manufacturers. I've been using one of these for about a half dozen plane trips with good success.

I would suggest you rent a dive flag and buoy at your destination so you don't have to fly with on. They are readily available in SE Florida at most dive shops. You might want to bring a light wire hook anchor for the float with you however. Ideally you want to drop or anchor the float before each dive or just dive around the anchored buoy.

Congrat's on your new camera. Hope you get a lot of great shots and put them up for us to see.

Lobsters helped me cover expenses getting through college way back in the day. Once I got out and got a job I said, go forth and prosper as I hope to do the same. ps-didn't really think you tasted that good anyway.

Quote:
Originally Posted by conchxpress View Post
What do you do with all that gear that you have to take with you when you finally get to free dive? I could see using a surf board for the trip out and anchoring it to your dive buoy, if the buoy was somehow anchored. When you free dive, is the buoy attached to you, so that you don't have to come back to the same spot? Seems like a lot of stuff to drag around. Kind of naive here, since I've never gone off the beach. Maybe someday you can show me the ropes.

Finally got the 1030SW, so maybe I'll get to try it out this weekend. Supposed to be blowin 20E in KW.

Are you going for lobster the last wed and thurs of this month. Or do you leave that to the tourists. Didn't see any lobster on my snorkeling expedition over the 4th. Maybe Greg knows where they are.

Frank

transcribed by:
Rick Iossi