View Single Post
Old 05-07-2015, 09:59 AM
Administrator
Site Admin

That is interesting Jake. Do you think they were just there or swimming an intercept when they got too close to the target of interest, you? You ride mainly in the Bay area, a fairly sharky place, right? You could be right or based on my experience with the Aqueon, perhaps the foil sound is like a wounded fish in general.

You are right to think about that. Although, sharks could easily knock us off plane, they don't seem to have done so very often. When the fairly rare attacks have happened, we have usually been in the water. Perhaps just after wiping out as in a number of cases including Kevin's or after swimming around a while as in body dragging. Best advice, stay on plane in questionable waters and times!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jake View Post
I have had several instances where I have hit sharks while kiting in shallow, 2'-3', waters. I could feel the board ride up a bit at impact. My thoughts on foil boards is that the shape of the foil and the acoustic signature may be similar to a ray fleeing from a shark.

My biggest fear is when body dragging back to my board or back to shore when the wind drops.

transcribed by:
Rick Iossi