Thread: Cypress Fri @ 4
View Single Post
Old 04-22-2006, 06:40 AM

Quote:
Do you frequently have fairly solid sea breezes over there in May, June, etc. in Tampa? I went out for my first wind lemon run last night off of Delray. It WAS a solid 12 to 13.5 mph but soon lulled to 8 mph with whimpy puffs up. Summer in Florida (SE Florida?)!

We do get sea breezes in the higher teen mph but are rare in most years. I am wondering if useable sea breezes may be more common over your way?
rick
we have a strange coastline...we r starting2 figure out how2 sqeeze out every little bit of power(i.e. opposing current on the correct side of the passes...ect)

4me succes in the summertime has been the evening cool downs on the bayside...
it lasts longer, the water is definately more flat at night, also...no sunburn 8)

i aint sayin the urge2 race through traffic2 catch the the end of the seabreez doesn't hit me once in a while...but work usually gets in the way.

the nightime easterlies r fairly predictable...i look at doppler and see the tell-tale line of storms moving accross the FL penninsula ESE to WNW and for some reason 80% of time,when the line of storms reaches ruskin/tampa bay they disapate or dissapear...
leaving 90 minutes of usable wind :?:<<<<BIG R?

we've been told by the nomads that your seabreezes are more reliable due2 colder water...but pinellas county is the Japan of florida...(most densly populated county)and they keep sqeezin more in like sardines.
all the parking lots, roofs, roads, road ragers :twisted: ect. produce lotsa heat so maybe that makes up4 the lack of cold water.
or not...but definatley one of the two.
L8r