Thread: Vacation ideas?
View Single Post
Old 03-16-2008, 08:46 PM

Scott-What top 3?

Dan-I definitely agree with that. The other thing that I realized after the original post was that when I go diving, the girlfriend stays on land and does her own thing alone, but if I can find a nice, quiet beach to kite on, we'd be "spending time together" when I come back in for a rest, and therefore won't get in the doghouse

Brian- I actually looked into Cabarete because I've read about it so many times in the mags. It gets my vote. It's remote, not packed, and you 're not going to have alot of other tourists up your butt. Plus, the best winds are during the times I'd be going. Unfotunately, it's still a little remote and too impoverished to be approved by the girlfriend. And that's the same reason Costa Rica's been shot down too. If it was just my vacation, I'd be happy in a hut on the beach with no AC, TV or electricity. With the gf in tow, it needs to be a little more "Carribean" and have some shopping. Gotta love compromise-why am I not married yet?:mrgreen:

Steve-O- Hawaii is definitley a great idea. We've wanted to go there for years, but after hearing other people talk about how expensive it is in the past, we never even looked into it. She perked up when I said Hawaii. If I could get an awesome Hawaiian vacation that's just a little more expensive than the trip to Antigua we've been thinking of, then I'd jump on it.
Your comment about Sandals being a land-based cruise is exactly how I thought of it in my head, but couldn't explain. I picture that bland, institutionalized food, to many people, and too much cost. We had fun on our cruise when we were off the ship, but hated the ship itself

Thanks for the help.
Richard