View Single Post
Old 02-11-2008, 09:30 AM

That land is controlled by the state. I have seen volunteer crews out there before cleaning the mangroves alongside state workers, and we will attack this problem again (and others) in the off season, hopefully with their support. By taking a proactive approach, it shows that we care about the beaches we use everyday, and working hand in hand with local authorities may give us a leg to stand on when facing access issues. Things like this are very important for the healthy growth of our sport, and staying in the good graces of "the powers that be" is critical. Many more community service events are in the works for the summer, if you have ideas or want to help out, please contact myself or Matt.
I would also like to note that East Beach had about 40 kiters on Sunday and lotsa spectators, and was left in great condition at the end of the day! Thanks Steve-O, Team Triton and others who double checked the beach for trash and forgotten gear. If you're the last to leave, please take the time to walk the launch area and make sure we leave it in good shape.
If you left something at the beach, check the lost and found, chances are that one of your bros is looking out for ya!
Thanks again everyone!