View Single Post
Old 03-07-2011, 07:50 AM

Default on the ground - water next - miami and keys?

just got to Briny last night. sorry I didn't get back with yawl sooner but I had to work like a dog fixing boilers before I left Rhode Island and I was so beat i didn't even have the energy to get on here for the week after I sent that message.

Looks like Downwinders from Delray if anything today (Mon, the 7th) and tomorrow.

maybe Crandon on Wednesday morning.

We don't have any organization or retail or instruction structure in RI, so what do I do to meet the requirements for certification? Been riding since 2002, rode with the guys at Anne's beach a couple years back and off Big Pine Key and downwind for 20 miles. But i don't have any card that says so?

I get that this structure is about preserving access so want to try to do the right thing here, but don't want to get there and not be able to ride. Did I read that ASM has the concession there? I know a couple of those guys in marketing, probably they aren't out at the concession, but maybe they can get me hooked up if it is an ASM setup.

Might drop into the keys for Friday which looks like a wind day. It is showing way more north on Friday. Never figured any north wind, i.e. gulf side spots in the keys, anywhere to launch on the inside of Largo or Islamorada? I'm probably not going too far down, but guess I could go as far as curry-hammock. Maybe I'm reading too much into the non-kiter oriented weather reports and the wind will actually bend east after it drops of the end of the peninsula.

What sticky is best for tracking what folks are up to HOWZAWIND?

Thanks,
Brian