View Single Post
Old 12-14-2010, 01:16 PM

Default Kite Racing May be included in MIAMI OCR!!!

I just got some news that Kite Course racing may be included as an exibition fleet at the Janurary Miami Olympic Classes regatta. All of the top ISAF folks will be there to check out kite racing first hand.

Here is the issue... as most of you are aware, we only have a few people in Florida that actually course race. My guess is that it's mainly Miami and a few others. I'm hoping that we can gather 7-8 people from Florida and encourage as many as 10 more from the Carribean and South America to attend. This is the big time and some informal decisions may be made as to the validity of this class in the 2016 Olympics.

My list of potential FL racers for the OCR are as follows: Please let me know if there are others that may want to attend. I'm assuming that it will be a Friday- Sunday event.

Attendng:
Damo L.
Kent M.
Patrick
Garry Menk
Todd Greaux
Josh Noe
Chris Levins
Melissa

Maybe attending:
Gebi
Christophe

Good candidates:
Racers from Puerto Rico
Brazil
Argentina
California (if a 3 day event)

I'm sure that there are a few more people with race boards in FL and good kites. Keep in mind that we race in conditions that range from 6-40 knots.

For those that are interested, we do have competitive production boards availalbe from Cabrinha, but we would need to get to work on potting better race fins for those intersted in the Cabrinha board.

I should have more info tomorrow. I'll keep you posted.

PS. I'm willing to provide a free clinic in Miami to help get some guys up to speed if they have racing boards. It doesn't take long to use them, but setting them up right can take a bit of time. Let me know.