View Single Post
Old 04-10-2007, 07:23 PM

If your setting up on a sand bar it can be easier, than on land. Anchor from the stern, while you set up your kite only, this could swamp your vessel in rough seas, but keeps your kite from getting caught on an engine or anything in the stern.
Blow the kite up and tie it off the bow with a line to the pump lease attachment. Let your lines off the bar and unless theres a current walk down wind and let your lines out on the way back to the boat, hook the chicken loop up to the bow cleat also and place the outside lines over your shoulders and the insides around the hips, (Red or Yellow on the right) walk out the lines to the side and walk back upwind to your kite, making sure to keep the right lines in the right spots.
If its blowing anything over 20 you should do an assisted launch not a drift launch, anything under place it sideways to the wind and let it drift into the power zone.
I live in coquina key and worked for the kitehouse, this is how we launch everyday without fail, without a diagram its wierd to explain but just contact me if you ever want some help on the water, i've never ridden the flats off my nieghborhood.
(203) 918 6637
-Matt Sexton
TritonKiteboarding.com